Bathroom remodeling jobs can be things of beauty. They can be the perfect combination of form & function. The issue with getting set to have your own remodeling job take shape is that you may not actually have a place to start. Sure, you may have some ideas, and you may even take inventory when you visit the bathroom at a friend or family member’s house, but you really don’t have the chance to get a grasp of the project’s breadth.
If you’ve thought about giving your bathroom a bit (or a major) makeover, but you’re not sure where to start, here are five places you can look for some inspiration:
1. Friends & Family – You arguably spend more time with friends and family than anyone else, and, as such, you have a chance to really see what they’re doing & what they’ve done. Are their faucets good at saving water? Do they like/not like having a tub? Have they tried a new type of exhaust system? You can even get some feedback on the most overlooked part of bathroom remodeling projects – storage.
2. Magazines – Many magazines are still available for homeowners looking for inspiration. The nice thing about most magazines aimed at this type of project is that they delve into all aspects of it. You’re looking for a bathroom remodel that reduces water consumption while still providing aesthetically pleasing fixtures. Maybe you’re also interested in paint combinations and greenery. Magazines hit on all bases.
3. Home Improvement Stores – Whether you’re talking “big-box” or “Mom & Pop”, these stores are seeing the trend of homeowners needing some feedback on remodeling projects. As such, many of them have in-store demos and mock-ups so that potential customers can not only see what choices they have in hardware, but they can also see how it can come together as a complete room. The best part is that you can get the materials there, & leave with just about all you need to start the job.
4. Television – TV used to have only a few channels to choose from, but now subscribers have access to hundreds of channels with special interests in mind, and this includes home improvement & remodeling. Not only is programming tailored toward making changes to your home, but in many cases, you get the ‘know-how’ to DIY.
5. Apps – It seems as though there is an app for everything, but there is certainly something to be said about the availability of apps that cater toward homeownership. What’s more, there are certain apps, like Pinterest, that showcase ideas of all kinds and allow users to ‘pin’ the idea to a virtual board, and share the idea with others.
Bathroom remodeling doesn’t have to be an arduous task meant to break your spirit. By having a place to start getting ideas, you’ll save time, and you’ll have the chance to get your remodel underway the right way.